The President of the United States of America, D. Trump, Just declare a state of emergency.
On Friday the toll in the U.S. stood at more than 2,000 cases and 41 deaths, according to news reports
We update the Article
BREAKING: Pres. Trump declares national emergency. – Opens up to $50 billion for states, territories and localities. – Calls for states to set up emergency centers. – Calls on hospitals to activate emergency preparedness plans. – Confers new authorities to HHS secretary.
Pres. Trump says “we may have to include” the United Kingdom in list of countries impacted by his European travel restrictions as number of coronavirus cases there rises ; the U.K. was initially excluded from the ban
Pres. Trump said that “1.4 million coronavirus tests will be available to the public next week, and 5 million tests would be available next month, adding that “I doubt we’ll need that.”.
Pres. Trump said that Walmart CEO Doug McMillon had agreed to set up drive-thru testing at store parking lots across the country. Also Pres. Trump announced that Google is developing a web portal that will help inform people where they can get mobile testing for COVID-19, according to CNBC.
Due to the outbreak, the U.S. stock market has lost all of its gains since Pres. Trump took office in 2017. Public schools and municipalities are closing across the country. Employees are working from home or being laid off, and major athletic and entertainment events are being called off until further notice.
Pres. Trump announced he would be “working out a schedule” to get tested himself for COVID-19 after a Brazilian official who was at the president’s Mar-a-Lago resort last weekend tested positive for the virus. But Trump said his motivation to get tested was not due to any interaction he had.
Among other measures the president announced Friday:
- Pres. Trump said 1.4 million coronavirus tests will be available to the public next week, and 5 million tests would be available by April, adding that “I doubt we’ll need that.”
- Pres. Trump said Walmart CEO Doug McMillon, who was also in attendance, had agreed to set up drive-thru testing at its store parking lots across the country.
- Pres. Trump announced that Google is developing a web portal that will help inform people where they can get mobile testing for COVID-19, according to CNBC.
- The administration would issue orders to enable hospitals and health workers to provide “telehealth” services in lieu of bringing new patients into health facilities, Drumpf said.
- Pres. Trump said he would waive interest payments on government-held student loans.
- Pres. Trump said the U.S. would be purchasing “large quantities” of oil for the U.S. strategic oil reserve.
Sources: ABC News – www.ajc.com
Watch LIVE now: